Friday, January 9, 2009

I know I know I'm sorry

I promised updates and I'm not holding up my end of the bargain.

It's been a crummy week. There. I said it. His abdominal pain escalated. His mother took him to the doctor for me while I ran to the grocery to buy everything that screamed "HIGH FIBER" at me because we'd been told the pain was likely caused by constipation.

The doctor palpated his stomach and found what he thought were small blockages so he sent them to Walgreens for Milk of Magnesia.

Well, the update is that between the Benefiber, Activia Yogurt, stool softeners, green leafy veggies and Milk of Magnesia (twice) he's finally pooping up a storm. Unfortunately, this has not helped his stomach pain as he's still racing for the medicine cabinet every 6 hours and would take them every 4 if I weren't such a harpy about it.

Also, his leg is hurting again. Not as bad as it was, but it's pain, it's back and that's f-ing bad news to both of us.

Maybe he'll still have a job in a couple of weeks??????? They're being patient now, but they can't be patient forever.

5 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry... mere words sound silly now. But if there's anything I can do, please let me know. I really had hoped it would be better... love to you both -- Barbara and Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine, jean. It's hard to know what to say...I guess there's nothing that can be said at this point. I'm still thinking of you often and praying for strength for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would William qualify for the Family Medical Leave Act where he works? Just a thought. Someone told me this would cover the employee who is sick as well as a family member. Not sure if this is true though. I was worried when we hadn't heard anything for awhile. Sure hate it's so rough on him. Jason sends his well wishes as well.

    Jaye

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear this & hope things get better soon.

    Elizabeth/pax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my gosh! I'm still praying.

    Shelia

    ReplyDelete